Carminic Acid 50% Powder Colour 14.449
A dark red powder, with a slight cochineal odour, which creates a red to pinkish red hue in the final product, depending on the food product, processing and the quantity used. Produced by the extraction of carminic acid from the cochineal insect (Dactylopius coccus costa ) followed by conversion into the water-soluble Ca-Al chelate of carminic acid.
- Product Code: 14.449
- Product: Carminic Acid 50% Powder Colour
- Description: A dark red powder, with a slight cochineal odour, which creates a red to pinkish red hue in the final product, depending on the food product, processing and the quantity used. Produced by the extraction of carminic acid from the cochineal insect (Dactylopius coccus costa ) followed by conversion into the water-soluble Ca-Al chelate of carminic acid.
- Function / Dosage: This product can be used as an ingredient to colour foods, cosmetics, or pharmaceuticals. Recommended dilution is approximately 0.01% to 0.1%, depending upon application. Can be added directly to the food product while stirring. However, it is recommended to mix the colour with a small portion of the preparation before adding it to the product. Can be dry-blended with other powders. Avoid exposure to humidity.
- Specific Gravity: Not Applicable
- Ingredients: Carminic acid (120, C.I. 75470), maltodextrin, sodium hydroxide (E 524). Dye content is not less than 50%. Any ingredient in this product is listed as GRAS by FDA and/or FEMA.
- Country: Packed in Australia from imported ingredients (Country of Origin Peru).
- Packaging: 1kg, 5kg and 25kg tamper evident, polyethylene containers.
- Shelf Life: Stable for 12 months if kept in a cool, dry place with limited head space, protected from light.
- Regulations: This product shall at the time of delivery conform in every respect to the provisions of the Australia/NZ food standards and regulations made thereunder. In the USA no certification is necessary and the colour can be used in any amount consistent with good manufacturing practices. AFIS does not use genetically modified organisms for the manufacture of their products and to the best of our knowledge, the above product is manufactured from raw materials that have not been genetically modified. This product does not require labelling as a genetically modified food in accordance with FSANZ 1.5.2.
- Energy (kj): 384
- Carbohydrates - total (g): 65
- Sugar (g): 0
- Protein (g): 17-20
- Total Fat (g): 3.0
- Saturated Fat (g): 0
- Monosaturalted Fat (g): 0
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 0
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Sodium (mg): 0
- Potassium (mg): 0
- Units based per 100: g
- Cereals: No
- Crustaceans: No
- Eggs: No
- Fish: No
- Milk: No
- Nuts: No
- Peanuts: No
- Soy: No
- Sulphites: No
- Lupin: No
- Halal: Yes
- Notes: Nutrition results are based upon calculation only, not specific product testing, unless otherwise notified